When looking for talent, there is so much more that you need beside a certificate or degree. Skill sets go beyond what you learn in a classroom, or even what you learn on the job. Some if it comes does to your personal beliefs and character. Here are 10 things that you can put into practice now that will either help you to get the next great job, or propel you forward in your current position.
1. Being on time; No one wants to babysit their employees, showing up on time let's your employer know you respect them and the job that you have to do.
2. Work ethic; doing your best on your current task, it shows!
3. Effort; Going above and beyond with put you in the top ranks quickly!
4. Body language; know what you're saying without words, being approachable will bring you more opportunities.
5. Energy; Excitement is contagious, give it a try!
6. Attitude; Try being a glass half full person and see where it gets you!
7. Passion; For one day pretend like you own the business that you work at and see how much it changes your perception of things.
8. Being coachable; Having someone share areas you can grow in will only help you be a better person, be open to hearing this and changing what you can!
9. Going the extra mile; You will impress and inspire everyone around you!
10. Be prepared; Coming into a situation with a little background on what's going on or knowing how to move forward, it will shine above the rest!
Good luck to you all as you try and implement some of these in your work lives this next week! You won't be disappointed with the results!
Ponca Works director Liz Leaming shares her musings on the state of workforce in Ponca City, Oklahoma.