Must have graduated from an accredited Nurse Practitioner’s program that meets the Oklahoma State requirements for licensure. (Master’s degree equivalent in Family or Women’s Health). Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must have intermediate math skills and problem solving abilities. The candidate must possess an Oklahoma State Nursing license, National Nurse Practitioner Certification, currently certified in CPR and possess a valid driver’s license.
The primary responsibilities include providing medical care and treatments according to credentials and privileges either in a clinical setting or through public health services, maintaining records, participating on committees, and upholding ethical standards.
1. Provides medical care according to credentials held by employee.
2. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures.
3. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs, as well as case management.
4. Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
5. Refers patients to Physician for consultation or specialized health resources for treatment when warranted.
6. Evaluates emergencies and renders lifesaving procedures.
7. Participates in committee activities, community activities, and education activities.
8. Participates or chairs assigned committee meetings.
9. Participates in community health fairs.
10. Provides education to schools and/or community organizations.
11. Maintains certification requirements.
12. Assures patient referrals handled in a timely manner.
13. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
14. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must be able to present information and respond to questions from various groups.
15. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
16. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule forms.
17. Ability to occasionally lift or move up to 35 pounds.
18. Carries out directives of their respective responsibilities as prescribed by the Immediate or Controlling Supervisor.
Looking for a job in Ponca City, Oklahoma? You've come to the right place!