Responsible for the safe and reliable operation of the Ponca City CoGen facility by following established/accepted operational and process procedures developed by our Company and industry as they apply. A high priority is placed on establishing and maintaining a professional and team based environment/culture to maintain a high level relationship with our primary customer (Carbon Black production).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees the safe, environmental compliant, reliable, and efficient operation of plant equipment
• Properly operates scrubbers, steam turbines, generators, plant auxiliary equipment and systems during normal and emergency operations.
• Shall perform routine maintenance tasks to support reliable and efficient facility operation.
• Identifies, documents (work management system), and supports maintenance activities to resolve when scheduled. To include utilization of LOTO.
• Takes direction from the Control Room Operator and/or Unit Supervisor.
• Gains proficiency and masters utilization of support computer systems (DCS/PLC) to receive, analyze, comprehend and input data.
• Assists, supports, and leads on-the-job training of other Operators as assigned or directed.
• Responsible for maintaining boiler chemistry and all associated equipment and analysis procedures.
• Maintains appropriate shift logs as requested in addition to maintaining all required record keeping assigned for tracking, compliance, etc.
• Monitors and trouble shoots process equipment in the field.
• Assists in development, review, and revision of plant operating procedures in addition to supporting LOTO equipment isolation drawing and lists.
• Performs housekeeping on a daily basis around the facility to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Actively participate in established safety program.
• Minimizes production resource losses by properly monitoring processes to assure results while minimizing waste.
• Monitor off-loading Ammonia and other bulk chemicals at the site.
• Assist with improved quality and efficiencies in the Production Department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to read and comprehend operating instructions.
• Must be able to work individually or as a team member.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Must have strong process troubleshooting skills.
• Must be able to perform duties safely without direct supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 or 4 year degree in a technical field – preferred
• Oklahoma Boiler Operators License - Required
• 5 Years’ experience as a control room/outside operator of a Co-generation power plant
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
SPECIAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
• Reads and interprets blueprints, schematic diagrams, P&IDs, procedures and technical manuals.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of power plant operations, systems, and equipment.
• Strong problem solving skill set for system evaluation and troubleshooting problems through resolution phase.
• Has the ability to communicate effectively and applies to leading/directing others.
• Has the ability communicate plant status with regard to total Station through individual systems.
• Has competent or above computer skills in both Microsoft/office applications in addition to computer based maintenance management systems.
• Discerns and responds to verbal directions and auditory signals from control panel (DCS, CEMs, PLC systems) for alarm identification and appropriate action.
• The individual needs to be a self-starter, able to work without direct Supervision, and is able to communicate/report status and progress.
• Meets physical requirements of the job such as perform tasks while standing, walking, climbing, walking on uneven surfaces, and squatting. Works with extended reach above head and in front of body and lifts 50 pounds and carry while walking distances of up to 10 feet.
• Normal office environment and/or out-of-doors environment. Out-of-doors environment includes:
o Work in/around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment, high noise, and elevations up to 100 feet.
o Works in all temperatures and climatic conditions. Some temperatures can be extreme.
o Works in confined spaces, some requiring the use of respirator protective equipment.
o Performance of duties requires working rotating shifts (shift work) and response to calls 24 hours/day, seven days/week. Ability to work over time, both scheduled and unscheduled, on days of relief and beyond regular work schedule.
o Established facial hair in the sealing area of a respirator is not permitted.
Don't see exactly what you're looking for? Check also at these places for more job postings: